How to Choose the Best Philadelphia Orthodontists
Deciding which orthodontist to go to when you need treatment is a serious decision. You are entrusting your oral health to them, so take your time doing as much research as you can first. Each orthodontist may differ not only in their chairside manner, but also in which treatment options they prefer and how much treatment costs.
They may also differ in what type of payment plans are offered. It is a major investment in time and money so you want to get it right.
Invisalign clear plastic aligners and metal braces are usually the most common options, but you can also choose ceramic braces or lingual braces where the braces are attached to the backs of your teeth.
While each person has their own particular criteria for what makes for the best orthodontist in Philadelphia, there are certain steps you should take to help in your decision making:
Get referrals from family and friends
Ask the people you trust if they would recommend a particular orthodontist. Ask about their particular experience and any pros and cons about the dentist that they can share. Your regular dentist is also a good person to ask for a referral. See if they will share who they chose for orthodontic work for their own children. While not everyone is looking for the same criteria, gathering referrals will at least give you a best sense of your options.
Do a google search
It is also a good idea to do some internet searching as well. Start by googling orthodontist in Philadelphia. Look for reviews and check out the websites of orthodontists in the Philadelphia area to get an initial feel for who is out there and what they offer.
Also make sure that any orthodontist you are interested in is a licensed member of the American Association of Orthodontics. This will give you extra confidence that they are up-to-date on all the newest technology and treatments. The best orthodontists are up to date on all the cutting edge technology and latest trends in treatment. Their website is also a good place to find other referrals.
Set up a consultation
Most of the time, we can’t really get a good feel for a new doctor or dentist until we go in for a visit so it is important to set up a consultation with at least a few orthodontists. While it can be time-consuming, it can really help you feel more confident about your final choice.
Here are some questions you should ask?
- What are their credentials and specialties?
- How many years of experience do they have?
- What are their office hours? (Some are more flexible than others)
- What are treatment options and costs? Ask about Invisalign and accelerated orthodontics.
- Ask for references from current or past patients.
- What is their policy for emergencies?
While you are there, you should pay attention to your surroundings. Is everything clean and sterile? Are they using the latest technology? Do they keep their patient’s comfort in mind at all times? Is the office comfortable and the staff friendly? Also pay attention to how the orthodontist interacts with you. Is he very brusque, acting like he doesn’t have a lot of time to spend with you? Or does he really sit down and get to know you and what your needs are?
If you have a fear of going to the dentist, make sure that the orthodontist you choose has a gentle chairside manner. Everyone has their own needs when it comes to which types of personalities they prefer to interact with so make sure you are going to be comfortable because you are going to be spending a lot of time with this doctor and his staff. Orthodontic treatment can least between 1 year to about 3 years.
Once you pick an orthodontist, you will be given a treatment plan based on your needs and any cost considerations. Some options are a little more expensive than other so weigh the pros and cons for each. The orthodontist can give you all the pertinent information you need to make a decision. If your dental insurance do not cover braces in its entirety, then you have other payment options like a healthcare credit card like CareCredit and a dental savings plan.
If you are looking for the best Philadelphia orthodontists, consider Orthodontics Limited. Here is what you are guaranteed when you choose Orthodontics Limited:
- Individualized attention. Drs. Pale, Gemmi and Middleberg know what a big difference a straighter smile can make in a person’s life. Not only does it help restore self-confidence, it makes it easier to practice proper oral hygiene so you have a healthy, beautiful smile for years to come. The staff at Orthodontics Limited also understand that each person’s situation is different so that is why they take the time to sit down with you and go over your options. They will create the best treatment plan for your particular needs.
- A team that really cares. At Orthodontics Limited, Drs. Gemmi, Middleberg and Pale really care about you and your oral health. Cost for any orthodontic treatment can be a big factor for many people and some people opt out of it because they consider it a luxury purchase. But crooked teeth is more than an aesthetic issue. Crooked teeth and bite issues can cause tooth decay and gum issues as well as jaw issues later down the line. Maintaining your oral health is important so Orthodontics Limited will work with you to come up with an affordable plan. The staff at Orthodontics Limited is also very compassionate and friendly and will always greet you with a smile giving you comfort and peace of mind a priority during your visits to the office.
- Experienced staff. Drs. Pale, Gemmi and Middleberg are certified by the American Board of Orthodontist and only perform orthodontic work every day making them experts are what they do. They are also an Invisalign Top 1% provider, which means they are one of only three dental practices in Pennsylvania to be given this distinction in 2014 and 2015.
- Updated equipment and technology. If you have ever walked into a dentist’s office and felt like you walked back into the 70s, then you understand the importance of updated equipment and technology. It is hard to have confidence in an orthodontist who hasn’t stayed up-to-date on all the current technology and trends in orthodontics. Drs. Pale, Gemmi and Middleberg offer all the latest technology in their offices and they always stay current on important trends in their field.
The best way to know if a particular orthodontist is right for you is to meet with them face to face. How you feel in their offices, how the staff treats you and the orthodontist’s chairside manner can all be factors in how you feel about a particular orthodontist. Don’t be afraid to set up consultations at different places. Contact Orthodontics Limited today to find out why they are one of the best Philadelphia orthodontists.