4 Reasons to Choose Invisalign Rittenhouse Square
Here are 4 Reasons to Choose Invisalign Rittenhouse Square:
1. Invisalign Braces Are Effective and Easy to Wear
Invisalign aligners are made of a clear plastic not metal like braces and can be easily removed to eat and drink and brush your teeth. The metal brackets and wires used in braces, however, remain in your mouth permanently until the orthodontist removes them.
Unlike traditional braces which are a combination of metal brackets and wires that you wear for the duration of your treatment. With Invisalign, only certain teeth will be moved at a time. You will be given several sets of aligners that are custom fit to your mouth. The Invisalign aligners control not only how much force is exerted on your teeth, but also the timing of it.
The Invisalign 3D technology allows your orthodontist to create a step by step plan for your treatment so you will know what to expect every step of the way. The orthodontist will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-D image of your teeth and then uses this to map the exact movement of teeth needed to straighten them out.
Once the plan is in place, your first set of aligners will be custom fit to your mouth. And then you will receive a new set every couple of weeks until the end of your treatment.
In addition, unlike with braces, when you wear Invisalign aligners, there are no food restrictions because you can remove the aligners when you eat. Brushing and flossing your teeth is also easier because you can remove them. The one big rule for wearing Invisalign aligners is that you need to keep them in your mouth 20 to 22 hours a day. If you don’t, you will end up delaying treatment and you won’t be done as quickly as you would like.
In order to prevent long gaps in between when you are wearing the aligners, make it a habit to brush your teeth and clean the aligners right after every meal so that you remember to put them back in right away.
For tweens and teenagers, Invisalign typically takes as long as metal braces do. However for adults, Invisalign treatment can often be finished in as little as 12 months. And there are accelerated orthodontic treatments that you can do on top of the Invisalign aligners to speed up the process.
2. With Invisalign You Will Experience Less Pain and Discomfort
The great thing about the clear plastic that the aligners are made of is that it has a smooth surface so it will not cause any irritation to the teeth or gums like the metal wires can with braces. And while you may experience some soreness the first few days as you adjust to wearing the aligners, once your mouth adjusts you should have no problems.
Some people have a little adjustment to speaking with the aligners like they do with retainers, but again, that it is all temporary. Overall the aligners are very comfortable to wear and require little adjustments.
3. Invisalign Braces Are Affordable
They are typically similar in price, but sometimes the metal braces are cheaper. Each person’s situation is different so make sure to weigh the pros and cons for each treatment to make the best decision for you. Most orthodontists will offer payment options to help you handle the financial aspect of orthodontic treatment.
4. Rittenhouse Square Is Where to Be
Rittenhouse Square is where you want to be when it comes to the best orthodontic care in the Philadelphia are. It is where you’ll find the offices of the top experts in their fields and where innovation is always happening.
It is also very conveniently located near everything you might need so when you come for your appointment you won’t have a long commute in.
Do I Really Need Orthodontic Treatment?
No matter if you choose traditional metal braces or Invisalign it is important to invest in your smile. When your teeth are crooked teeth, it very hard to get all the plaque and food stuck between your teeth. Plaque when it builds up can lead to gum disease which will lead to lost teeth at an early age. Remember that we only get one set of adult teeth so don’t condemn yourself to a lifetime of expensive and painful dental issues.
Your oral health is also linked to your overall health as well. Research has proven that tooth decay and gum disease are intricately linked with other diseases like heart disease.
How you feel about yourself can also be changed by choosing Invisalign. Often crooked teeth and misaligned jaws can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance keeping you from putting yourself out there professionally and personally. By wearing Invisalign not only will you transform your smile, you won’t have to worry about unsightly metal in your mouth during treatment. And by choosing Invisalign you won’t feel self-conscious during treatment either. Most people will not even know that you have the clear plastic aligners in.
Here are some tips for choosing the top choice for orthodontist in Rittenhouse Square:
- Get referrals from family and friends. Ask the people you trust if they would recommend a particular orthodontist. Ask about their particular experience and any pros and cons about the dentist that they can share. Your regular dentist is also a good person to ask for a referral. See if they will share who they chose for orthodontic work for their own children. While not everyone is looking for the same criteria, gathering referrals will at least give you a best sense of your options.
- Do a google search. It is also a good idea to do some internet searching as well. Start by googling orthodontist in Philadelphia. Look for reviews and check out the websites of orthodontists in the Philadelphia area to get an initial feel for who is out there and what they offer. Also make sure that any orthodontist you are interested in is a licensed member of the American Association of Orthodontics. This will give you extra confidence that they are up-to-date on all the newest technology and treatments. The best orthodontists are up to date on all the cutting edge technology and latest trends in treatment. Their website is also a good place to find other referrals.
- Set up a consultation. Most of the time, we can’t really get a good feel for a new doctor or dentist until we go in for a visit so it is important to set up a consultation with at least a few orthodontists. While it can be time-consuming, it can really help you feel more confident about your final choice.
Orthodontics Limited has a new office in Rittenhouse Square and is ready to serve your orthodontic needs. To schedule a consultation with Orthodontics Limited and learn why you should choose Invisalign Rittenhouse Square, call them today or visit their website.