The Invisalign Starter Guide [INFOGRAPHIC]
What does Invisalign treat?
- Crowded Teeth
- Spaced teeth
- Align Technology was started in 1997 by 2 Stanford business students Zia Chishti and Kelsey Wirth.
- The University of the Pacific School of Dentistry allowed them to perform the first feasibility study on actual patients bringing the idea to life.
- Invisalign was first made available to the public in May, 2000.
How Invisalign Works
- Free Consultation
- Customized Treatment Plan
- Invisalign Clear Aligners Are Delivered
- Get a New Set of Aligners Every 2 Weeks
- Checkups Every 10 – 14 Weeks
- Maintain Proper Hygiene
- Get a Beautiful Smile!
Benefits of Invisalign
- Healthier Gums
- Virtually Invisible
- Easier Cleaning
- Enhanced Comfort
Invisalign Facts and Myths
MYTH: Braces are for kids.
FACT: Two in five orthodontic patients are adults.
MYTH: Orthodontists are appropriate only for the most challenging and complex orthodontic cases.
FACT: Orthodontists recognize the difference between a simple case and a complex one. And when a case is challenging, orthodontists know what to do.
MYTH: Invisalign is painful.
FACT: After the adjustment period, like breaking in a new pair of shoes, Invisalign aligners are comfortable.
MYTH: Invisalign must stay on your teeth at all times.
FACT: Invisalign aligners are removable so you can enjoy all the foods and activities you love, and brush and floss easily.
MYTH: Any dentist may join the American Association of Orthodontists.
FACT: Only orthodontists may become members of the American Association of Orthodontists.
MYTH: Invisalign can be used for your dog or cat, giving your pet a beautiful smile.
FACT: Sorry, this is not possible right now. Invisalign is only for humans 🙂
Celebrities Who have Straightened Their Teeth with Invisalign
- Khloe Kardashian
- Zac Efron
- Katherine Heigl
- Justin Bieber
- Eva Longoria
- Tom Cruise
- Oprah Winfrey
- Gisele Bundchen
- Serena Williams
- Zendaya Coleman
Now offering free Invisalign Consultations.
Kathleen M. Pale, DMD
Charles L. Gemmi III, D.M.D.
Harold L. Middleberg, D.M.D.