Meet Dr. Charles Gemmi
“I am so happy to work in a field that helps me to make a positive difference in the lives of the people I meet. I truly love going to work every day, and meeting so many interesting and unique people who all have something special to share. I really enjoy making patients feel like they are part of our family, and see the joy on their faces when they see their new smile for the first time.”
Dr. Charles Gemmi was born in Philadelphia, and has been a practicing orthodontist in Philadelphia and Hatboro since 2000. A “Philly boy” through and through, he graduated from LaSalle College High School, Villanova University, and “Magna Cum Laude” from Temple University School of Dentistry. He completed his orthodontic residency training at Einstein Medical Center. Dr. Gemmi is a “Board Certified Orthodontist,” and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
Dr. Gemmi is a member of the teaching staff at Einstein Medical Center. He enjoys passing on his knowledge of orthodontics to the many residents who have studied there. Also, each February during dental health month, Dr. Gemmi volunteers his time to the community by educating school children on the importance of proper care of their teeth and gums. He has done over 30 school assemblies and has educated over 5,000 children.
Throughout his schooling and residency, Dr. Gemmi was the recipient of many awards including the Hinman Scholarship for Outstanding Dental Student, the Benjamin Lebby Award for Outstanding General Practice Resident, and induction into the prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society. He also received the Schatz Award for Outstanding Member of the entire House Staff while a resident at Einstein Medical Center.
Here are some fun facts about Dr. Gemmi:
- He met his wife, Maria, in 1988. They were both students at Villanova University. To this day, they enjoy watching and cheering the Villanova Basketball team.
- He has 4 children: Caitlin, Kiera, Carly and Chase, and two crazy Shih Tzus named Callie and Bosco.
- He loves cars … especially Chevy muscle cars … and while in high school rebuilt his 1978 Camaro.
- He knew he wanted to be a dentist since he was 7 years old …. the age when many are still dreaming of becoming a professional football or baseball player. He never wavered from his plan.
- His favorite activity? A family vacation to Disney World!!!!